Saturday, July 28, 2007

Fridizay

Well, I didn't think it was possible, but Friday was even more of a madhouse than Thursday. And from what I hear, today is sold out and could potentially break the record for most attendees at the convention center. We're talking upwards of 130, 000 people!

"Buy Speed Stick,
It's not expensive."

Pics below feature Gabriel Ba (whom I love...well his work anyway) and his twin bro, Fabio. That guy choking Steve? He played Jason in a bunch of Friday the 13th movies. Kane Hodder is his name. He choked me too. It kinda hurt.

Yesterday I got some sweet swag from James Jean and the man-pretty Mr. Paul Pope. JJ's new sketchbook sold out pretty damn quick, but I managed to nab one and it. Is. Gorgeous. And it smells really good, too. I confessed this to him. He chuckled. The gentleman signed a copy for Vince and I. PP also sketched and signed copies of his new sketchbook s well. Their lineups were pretty damn huge, but it was worth it. I got a sweet Daredevil sketch.

Oh, and last night, Vince and Steve and myself attended a live art jam at the Kava lounge. We witnessed the live art stylings of Ashley Wood (an influence of Vince's) and Jim Mahfood (a personal hero of mine) with Scott Morse and David Mack. All this to the beats of a live DJ. Very inspiring stuff. And it gave all of us some ideas for when we get back t Calgary.

I was kinda worried this trip would be discouraging, what with the constant barrage of comics and crowds. But I think the opposite is happening.

Vince and I tried to grab Jack In the Box at 2am, but they wouldn't serve us through the drive thru window. In an act of unbridled vengeance, we snatched a sign from their outdoor menu!

Suck it, Jack!

I also beat up a milk carton.

Steve's gonna try to upload some pics, so enjoy!

-NICK

1 comment:

GarSeeYaInk said...

SDCC has sold out of admissions for Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Crowd capacity has always been a concern for fire regulations.

Man! I wish I could be there...crowds and all.

Sketch Jammin' in SD...cool.

GarSeeYa!!!